Business After Hours (BAH)
BAHs are typically held on Tuesdays each month from 5:30-7:00pm at your location, or a location of your choosing. If you wish, you may partner with another company or non-profit to share expenses and responsibilities.
There is no sponsorship fee at this time.
- Food and Beverages: As host of a BAH, you determine the type of refreshments to be served. Whether or not to serve alcohol is also your choice. The host provides the food, which is typically a combination of hot and cold hors d'oeuvres. We recommend using restaurants that are chamber members.
- Attendance: Typically, you can plan for 30 - 50 (or more) attendees.Keep in mind that inclement weather may diminish attendance. Some companies also invite their customers, vendors and potential clients. This would add to the number ofattendees.
- Promotion:The Chamber works with you to promote the event. We will announce your company as host on the front page of our website with link to the calendar listing. The event is also promoted on our email network. You may also obtain a mailing list of Chamber members to do your own mailing; however, you will be responsible for costs associated with postage.
- Structure:If needed, our Ambassadors and chamber staff will arrive early to set up a registration desk at the entrance. They will require a table and 2 chairs in a visible location where most people will enter. The Ambassadors will greet guests, sign them in, and do name tags, which the Chamber provides. You may choose to greet your guests in this area as well, but most hosts are busy inside.
- Program: For the first half-hour or so, the format is very loosely structured to allow for eating and mingling. At 6:00 - 6:15PM, when most of the guests have arrived, we are able to do a brief welcome. We can introduce and thank you as a host, giving you the opportunity to address the crowd, and say anything you wish to about your business. Also at this time, we can draw business cards for one or more door prizes, which you as the host provide. This could be anything from a product or service you offer, a logo item or apparel, or a gift certificate to another establishment. This is not required so please inform the chamber staff if you would like to do so.
- Tours: Some companies offer site tours and you would announce that at that time. It's usually a good idea to offer two tours, one a little later so that late arrivals still have a chance to take part. This is your chance to showcase your products or services that night. Displays, demonstrations, etc. are appropriate.
Chamber staff and volunteers will stay until the event's conclusion at 7PM. Cleanup and such is the responsibility of the host. The Chamber will remove all of our registration materials.